How to Join
Interested in joining a group of volunteer-driven, like-minded women? We accept membership applications every summer. Please fill out the Membership Application and our recruitment team will be in touch during open enrollment. Our next recruitment period begins in June 2024.
Benefits of Becoming a Member
The Junior League of Ocala (JLO) is a place where our members can serve the Ocala community, gather leadership skills, and feel empowered. We hope to provide a foundation or stepping stone for the growth of each member as they take their experiences and learning and apply them in their daily lives, careers and out in the community.
The Junior League of Ocala Member Benefits Include:
- Connecting you to the community
- Leadership development
- The chance to enhance your skills or learn something new through a wide variety of trainings and workshops
- The setting to meet like-minded women through fun and supportive social events
- The foundation and resources to make a difference
New Member Requirements
The Junior League of Ocala opens its application process in the summer of every year. Membership is open to women of all races, religions, and national origins who are at least 21 and share in our commitment to voluntarism and to improving our community.
What Your Experience Will Look Like
When you join the Junior League of Ocala for the first time, you will enter into what is called your Provisional Year. The Provisional year is purposefully designed to introduce and educate you on the Junior League of Ocala while providing opportunities to socialize, create new connections, gain access to valuable training, learn about our mission, and serve within our community impact projects.
As a provisional, there are certain requirements that one must meet before moving onto active membership.
Provisional Obligations Generally Include:
- Financial obligations that cover the payment of your provisional dues when completing your application ($185) and a fundraising commitment to be split in ticket purchases between our two annual fundraisers ($60 Autumn Gift Market in the fall | $60 Pints for Parks in the spring)
- Complete a provisional training orientation before September
- Attend 3 provisional-specific meetings
- Earn 30 “points” that are awarded through several opportunities including volunteer sign-ups, attending general membership meetings and socials, attending a training, making a donation, and many more. Members typically earn 1-3 points per opportunity and have until May to meet this requirement. These sign-ups are member driven – meaning you select the opportunities and times that work best for you.
General membership meetings are usually held every 3rd Tuesday of the month (August-April) beginning with an optional 5:30pm social and a 6:00pm meeting start time. Members are required to attend, in-person or virtually, 5 GMMs per league year.
Please note: The Junior League of Ocala prides itself on being flexible so if you have any issue with meeting your requirements, know the provisional chair(s) will be able to work with you.